Community Altar: Discover the Importance of the Day of the Dead
Wednesday, October 26 | 6-7:30pm
- Everyone is INVITED! Build a community altar!
- Come and eat traditional Day of the Dead bread and Mexican hot chocolate
- Stories & activities for the whole family!
Día de los Muertos: Un Altar para la Comunidad de Sun Prairie!
Miércoles, 26 de Octubre | 6-7:30pm
- Cuentos y actividades para toda la familia
- Aprendan como se hace un altar
- Vengan por su pan de muerto y atole!
Presenter: Araceli Esparza / Midwest Mujeres
Araceli Esparza is a poet and connector for equity-building campaigns in the nonprofit industry she actively supports diverse leaders in Black and Latina communities. She was born and raised in Madison, WI; her parents were migrant farmworkers from Guanajuato, Mexico, from whom she still gathers her strength. You can read more about her here: www.araceliesparza.com
This program is part of the Ripple Project, a year-long series of free humanities programs focused on racial equity and social justice in the Dane County public libraries. Learn more at www.beyondthepage.info/ripple-project The Ripple Project is sponsored by Beyond the Page, National Endowment for the Humanities, and Madison Community Foundation.